Old 28-03-2013, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Palmetto question

"Goodoleboy" wrote

This is really a question for southern English people--I know much of
your place is frozen.

The government wants people here in Florida to use native plants as
much as possible, but I always thoght the palmetto was more of a weed
than anything. They keep sprouting up on my property, and I always
pull them up. Do you let them grow, and if so, do you let the Asians
on your property to pick the seeds for the prostate benefits? I don't
like the idea of Asians tromping around on my property.

We tend not to get any small palms growing in our gardens like weeds. in
fact they are not considered an outdoor plant in the UK.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.