Old 29-03-2013, 01:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Don Phillipson Don Phillipson is offline

Default Palmetto question

On 28/03/2013 14:33, Goodoleboy wrote:
The government wants people here in Florida to use native plants as
much as possible, but I always thoght the palmetto was more of a weed
than anything. They keep sprouting up on my property, and I always
pull them up. Do you let them grow, and if so, do you let the Asians
on your property to pick the seeds for the prostate benefits? I don't
like the idea of Asians tromping around on my property.

"David Hill" wrote in message

What are you on about?
Or should that be "What are you on"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saw_palmetto_extract reminds us
this American plant is a traditional remedy for prostate
constriction in elderly men. (One of my doctor friends
takes this herbal preparation just in case . . .)

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs