Old 31-03-2013, 03:36 AM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Grow Azalea from branch?

On Sun, 31 Mar 2013 12:33:42 +1100, "David Hare-Scott"
wrote:

Higgs Boson wrote:
My lovely white Azalea is extending one of its branches into a path.

I want to cut off the branch and try to grow a new plant from it.

Usually I have pretty good luck on this kind of operation.

Wondering if any problems particular to Azalea.

I went on-line to several Azalea sites, but did not see this question
addressed.

This is So. Calif coastal.

TIA

I have no experience of Azaleas but a woody branch will often take better if
layered rather than by cutting a slip. A number of web sites say it works
with azaleas. If you cannot bend it down to the earth or a pot try air
layering.

Azaleas respond to layering very well.
http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/hil/hil-8701.html