Old 01-04-2013, 04:36 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Grow Azalea from branch?

On 3/30/13 5:13 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
My lovely white Azalea is extending one of its branches into a path.

I want to cut off the branch and try to grow a new plant from it.

Usually I have pretty good luck on this kind of operation.

Wondering if any problems particular to Azalea.

I went on-line to several Azalea sites, but did not see this question addressed.

This is So. Calif coastal.

TIA

I once rooted an azalea cutting. The potting medium was a mix of equal
parts of peat moss and coarse sand, well moistend. I used a rooting
powder.

For a mini-greenhouse, I took an empty liter soda bottle and cut off the
top. I then pried off the hard plastic bottom. Turning the bottle
upside-down, I put it over the pot.

The cutting did root, but it died when I tried moving it into a larger
pot.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see