Old 02-04-2013, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Beautiful Acer

On Mon, 01 Apr 2013 14:57:56 +0100, Jeff Layman wrote:

Also just goes to show that not everything you read can be taken at face
value. I looked up Hanami Nishiki in a couple of plant lists. Both
said it was green in summer and yellow in winter. That's true from the
UBC photos, but misses the best part! I wonder how many other
descriptions are like that?

Worse than that, a lot of photos, both in books and on the web, are taken
with a flash or colour adjusted in some way. They look positively lurid,
but since some of the cultivars are so far, out people expect them to
look like that in daylight, in their own gardens.

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy