Old 02-04-2013, 11:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Spinach & onions

Billy wrote:
I put my chicken wire flat on the garden beds. It discourages raccoons
from digging through the mulch for worms. It would probably work for
cats too, except for the Alpha cat that will poop without burying.

prop it a bit up off the ground. kitties
won't like walking on it.

i'm a bit too late on the few sandy gardens
i wanted to top with some shredded bark/wood
mulch because the flowers are already coming
up. i am going to have to see if i can get
some of the smaller stuff screened out and
just use that until later when i can add the
bigger and sharper pieces in between taking
out the stubble from the flowers and planting
the cover crops.

songbird