Old 03-04-2013, 08:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Help - quick fix for birds

On 03/04/2013 18:38, sweetheart wrote:
I have had to take an oversize leylandi tree down near my patio. I had
not realised how much the birds used it ( not for nesting but for
perching whilst getting to the bird feeders).

Now they have nothing to perch on. Can someone suggest a fix for this?
Something I can grow/ put up to give them somewhere to come to and wait
around in whilst feeding?

I have put some bird nesting boxes up for the birds who used its cover
for nesting but most of them were using it as a perching site - flying
in and out.

Thanks for reading and suggestions.

I posted earlier but it seems to have gone walk about.
Why not suggest your neighbour plants sweet peas along the fence, then
he/she could also plant climbing or rambling roses that will grow into
the remains of the hedge.