Old 04-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Malcolm F Malcolm F is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm F View Post
Hello this is my first post.

I have read many advice threads on this subject and realise it's a sensitive topic...I am trying to attach a picture of the object.

My neighbour has asked me to thin/reduce her tree. The tree looks fine to me but she wants less summer shading. I would like to help her as I would like to cut down another of her pine trees which is reducing my light over some fruit trees.

Instinct says the tree is fine, but some light thinning/reduction could be possible...it has been pruned before hence the current habbit.

Any advice on how I could prudently/sensitively assist are very welcome.

Thanks,
Malcolm
Picture attached...and grateful for advice
Attached Thumbnails
Mature Beech Tree - Pruning Advice-beech.jpg