Old 05-04-2013, 02:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Gardening Gauntlets?

On 4/5/2013 9:14 AM, Broadback wrote:
Is there any such beast around? As I am getting old my skin has thinned,
when I prune, roses especially, I am liable to rip the skin. No pain,
but as I am also on warfarin the blood gets everywhere. A Pair of
gauntlets that reach up over my forearms would be great, anywhere I can
get them? Most gauntlets have very stiff gloves, which makes them pretty
poor for gardening.

I ordered some from a Canadian place - Lee Valley Tools. They look a bit
like what a vet might use...but they work very well.

http://www.leevalley.com/US/Garden/page.aspx?p=62005&cat=2,42407,33246&ap=1
They're much more flexible than the leather gauntlets I've used.

Lee Valley also have a good line of lightweight midge-proof jackets,
hoods, and trousers.