Old 05-04-2013, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Gardening Gauntlets?

On 05/04/2013 18:04, Janet Tweedy wrote:
On 05/04/2013 14:14, Broadback wrote:
Is there any such beast around? As I am getting old my skin has thinned,
when I prune, roses especially, I am liable to rip the skin. No pain,
but as I am also on warfarin the blood gets everywhere. A Pair of
gauntlets that reach up over my forearms would be great, anywhere I can
get them? Most gauntlets have very stiff gloves, which makes them pretty
poor for gardening.

I found welding gloves really good and you can pick anyhting up without
any fear of being scratched. Also good for stuffing stuff into the
shredder as it guards against sticks whipping round onto my arms.

I'll second that.
The leather welding gloves are good, and the mice don't like them as
much as the rubberised gloves.