Old 05-04-2013, 08:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Gardening Gauntlets?

In article , says...

Broadback wrote in
:

On 05/04/2013 14:46, S Viemeister wrote:
On 4/5/2013 9:14 AM, Broadback wrote:
Is there any such beast around? As I am getting old my skin has
thinned, when I prune, roses especially, I am liable to rip the
skin. No pain, but as I am also on warfarin the blood gets
everywhere. A Pair of gauntlets that reach up over my forearms would
be great, anywhere I can get them? Most gauntlets have very stiff
gloves, which makes them pretty poor for gardening.

I ordered some from a Canadian place - Lee Valley Tools. They look a
bit like what a vet might use...but they work very well.

http://www.leevalley.com/US/Garden/p...t=2,42407,3324
6&ap=1

They're much more flexible than the leather gauntlets I've used.

Lee Valley also have a good line of lightweight midge-proof jackets,
hoods, and trousers.

They seem just what I am looking for, the only problem being that I am
in the UK.

You can get gloves similar to S Viemeister's url from your local builders
merchant. The police and local government use them to tidy up after drug
users have left needles all over the place.
I don't know how much they cost, but my guess would be less than £5.

google for drain gloves (used by plumbers) and pond gloves
Janet