Old 06-04-2013, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_5_] Rod[_5_] is offline

Default Broad beans and peas.

On Saturday, 6 April 2013 11:44:52 UTC+1, Bob Hobden wrote:
Tried that David but it didn't work for me, strange mice here obviously.

Some on our site appear to be able to grow straight into the ground and I

did it one year with success, but only once, I now use the guttering method.

--

I used the guttering method as usual and just as they reached the point where most are showing through the compost and I wanted to put them out in the (mouseproofed) coldframe the cold snap started. I hesitated instinctively but experience and my wife said 'just do it'
The last snow went from the garden yesterday (there'd been over 10") and temp down to -3.

Rod