Old 07-04-2013, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Help - quick fix for birds

"sweetheart" hotmail.com wrote in message
I have had to take an oversize leylandi tree down near my patio. I had
not realised how much the birds used it ( not for nesting but for perching
whilst getting to the bird feeders).

Now they have nothing to perch on. Can someone suggest a fix for this?
Something I can grow/ put up to give them somewhere to come to and wait
around in whilst feeding?

I have put some bird nesting boxes up for the birds who used its cover for
nesting but most of them were using it as a perching site - flying in and
out.

Thanks for reading and suggestions.

I had a nice conifer - one of the pines (Xmas tree) which attracted
Goldcrests in abundance. Alas I had to fell the tree and since then I've not
seen a Goldcrest.

Bill