Old 07-04-2013, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin[_2_] Roger Tonkin[_2_] is offline

Default Broad beans and peas.

In article ,
says...

Sown 2 rows of 8m of both today. I know its cold, but after a soak in water
they will be up in a few days.(fingers and toes crossed).
Well we can't let the weather hold us up, can we.
They grow or die. I have enough to do it all again.
I expect the broad beans will do it, but the peas may not so will sow them
again when it warms up a bit.

God only knows when we can plant out our brassis.
Baz

Planted a couple of rows of broad beans this weekend,
but covered then with plastic, as it is still down to
-3 here at night.

Also planted a seed tape of parsnips, that I bought
cheap when Julian Graves closed down. Real pain to
plant in our lumpy soil and windy site, everytime I
tried to cover it, it moved and twisted or blew away.
I suspect it would be easy if you've got a stone free
very fine soil, but live aint like that here!

Put in a few onion sets as well, and covered them with
bubble wrap polythene.

At least after tonight, there's no frost forecast.

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales