Old 09-04-2013, 01:27 PM posted to alt.home.repair,ba.gardens,rec.gardens
dadiOH[_2_] dadiOH[_2_] is offline

Default Ideas for removing sharp thorns on sidewalk lemon trees

Oren wrote:
On Mon, 8 Apr 2013 17:54:07 -0700 (PDT), Robert Macy
wrote:

Took two days for a full size city crew working constanntly to
completely cut up and remove the LARGE tree's carcass!

Are you sure they worked "constantly"? That just don't sound natural
for city workers.

I have seen many standing around, leaning on a shovel - constantly.

Oh, yes.

A few years ago the county wanted to clean out vegetation from a canal that
cuts across about 200' of our property. It took...

a roughly 25' diesel powered barge with moveable, chopping props
a crane to get the boat in/out of the water
2 airboats
1 supervisor (with county car)
2 men to work the barge
at least 4 other men to do I know not what
about 3 days

Non-government workers are more diligent. When I lived in Honolulu I was in
a position to see work being done while the new state capitol was being
built. There was one guy with a backhoe who was moving a pile of dirt from
one place to another. When he finished, he moved it back to where it was
originally. That's all he did, day after day...move the same pile of dirt
back and forth. Can you say, "cost plus"?

--

dadiOH