Old 09-04-2013, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Agapanthas (African Lilly)

"CT" wrote in message ...

I'll await any answers with interest.

I bought one in a pot last year. The advice was to protect it over
winter, perferably in a greenhouse.

As I don't have a greenhouse, I put it in the shed, fairly high up near
the window (again, advice was that this would be OK). I haven't taken
it out yet as I want to wait for worst of the frosts to be over. It
doesn't look particularly great at the moment, but I've no reference to
compare it with at the moment!

That's interesting, so they do need some form of protection. I'll keep the
fleece on for a couple more weeks.