Old 10-04-2013, 03:09 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Lawnmowers ??

marksmithlfc wrote:
Hi all this is my first post and whole reason for joining I have
inherited my dads Petrol Honda HRX537 hydrostatic Mulching key start
mower in near showroom condition .
Problem I have with it now is 1: I cannot find the the battery charger
to use the key start , which hence does anyone know where I may find
one from ??

Have you considered asking Honda where to get a charger or if in fact it is
necessary?

2: It starts by pulley, but I want to use the key start for reasons
its easier to do this way , it turns over but nothing happens when I
use the key start .Can anyone think what problem may be ??

Is the external charger the only way to recharge it or is the model
self-charging? I don't know but if it recharges itself, running it for a
while after a manual start might do the trick. Maybe you could begin by
downloading the product manual from Honda, this may be better than guessing.

If you really need an external charger make sure the voltage is correct
(perhaps get one to suit it from your nearest Honda agent?), many smaller
motors are 6V systems while cars are usually 12V.