Old 09-04-2013, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default Agapanthas (African Lilly)

On 2013-04-09 21:27:37 +0100, Bertie Doe said:

"Phil Gurr" wrote in message ...

"Bertie Doe" wrote in message
Anyone living on an exposed location, had any problems with the AL?
We're 500' up and East facing. TIA.

Eastern slopes of Dartmoor or Northern Highlands of Scotland?

I can just see the tips of the Tors, so I guess we get Dartmoor
Winters. 2 years ago I lost 2 (grafted) dwarf cherry trees and a 7 year
old wisteria. Protecting the wisteria was not an option as it had
spread around 2 sides of the garage.

We can see Dartmoor clearly from the top of the hill leading out of our
village but it seems to protect us in some way. It doesn't always
apply, of course but we think that the worst of the weather hits the
moor before travelling south to us!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com