Old 13-04-2013, 01:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kath[_2_] Kath[_2_] is offline

Default Help - quick fix for birds

On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 20:28:52 +0100, "Bill Grey" wrote:

"sweetheart" hotmail.com wrote in message
I have had to take an oversize leylandi tree down near my patio. I had
not realised how much the birds used it ( not for nesting but for perching
whilst getting to the bird feeders).

Now they have nothing to perch on. Can someone suggest a fix for this?
Something I can grow/ put up to give them somewhere to come to and wait
around in whilst feeding?

I have put some bird nesting boxes up for the birds who used its cover for
nesting but most of them were using it as a perching site - flying in and
out.

Thanks for reading and suggestions.

I had a nice conifer - one of the pines (Xmas tree) which attracted
Goldcrests in abundance. Alas I had to fell the tree and since then I've not
seen a Goldcrest.

Bill

Don't forget that it is not just perching that they are doing, but sheltering safely away
from potential predators while they get to feed, so some cover would be good too.

Kath