Old 15-04-2013, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Giving in. Plug plants.

wrote in
:

Bob Hobden wrote:
I must admit we now use a local "proper" old nursery for a number of
plants. Not plug plants but they grow all sorts of veg from seed and
if maybe you only want a few of one variety, like summer cabbage for
example, they grow a number of varieties of most things. Also very
useful if you have a germination disaster as we did with one of the
Brussels Sprout varieties last year.

It's cabbages I'm having germination problems with this year.
And my tray of calabrese has gone and died whilst I was away. :'(

That is what I am going on about. Grumbling on about germination.
That is why I have bought plugs. Not the nicest thing, and it is depressing
when you have done all the work and nothing to show.

Baz