Old 16-04-2013, 07:43 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz[_3_] View Post
Next year, we will get what we need, ok it is just growing on some things
others have grown from seed. But at least we know now. Still sow seed, but
have a backup.
Not veg, but we've started buying hyacinths just coming into flower rather than as bulbs - at £1 each, or not much more for 3, it's not much more expensive than buying bulbs, and leaves someone else the hassle of potting and growing. If it's something I care about,m then I enjoy growing it myself, but we just use hyacinths as winter room scent machines ;-)