Old 16-04-2013, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_3_] Bob Hobden[_3_] is offline

Default Giving in. Plug plants.

"kay" wrote

'Baz[_3_ Wrote:
;981012']
Next year, we will get what we need, ok it is just growing on some
things
others have grown from seed. But at least we know now. Still sow seed,
but
have a backup.

Not veg, but we've started buying hyacinths just coming into flower
rather than as bulbs - at £1 each, or not much more for 3, it's not much
more expensive than buying bulbs, and leaves someone else the hassle of
potting and growing. If it's something I care about,m then I enjoy
growing it myself, but we just use hyacinths as winter room scent
machines ;-)

I know I'm strange but I hate the smell of hyacinths, smell like death to
me.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.