Old 17-04-2013, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default phlox

A friend gave me a birthday present of a pack from Waitrose of "summer
flowering bulbs for scent".
It contained 4 packs; lilies, acidanthera (I still call them that!)
freesias and a plhlox "laura".
Now do any of you know if a phlox comes from a bulb?
The pack had in it, packed in dry peat, a brown woody lump and a small
bundle of roots. My friend said sht probably broke it squashing it up
to pack it! I have planted both pieces in a pot with not much hope.
Phlox laura on the internet looks like a nice border phlox, mauve, and
one I would very much like!
I see Waitrose now have a garden section, in league with Crocus!

Pam in Bristol