Old 18-04-2013, 05:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Fresias

On 18/04/2013 17:05, Bob Hobden wrote:
"David WE Roberts" wrote

Not so much in the garden as in the shops as cut flowers.

At one time there used to be an almost constant supply in the shops,
but I
haven't seen any for ages.

Any idea why?

I wonder if it's because if they grow them like other cut flowers they
lose their scent and without scent they aren't much.
Parked in a Car Park today and the verge behind our car was covered in
violets, stunning.

They're still around, but as with all things Fashions change, also they
are lost in the bins that the Supermarkets sell their flowers from, go
to a good florist and almost certainly they will have them, if not
today, then they will have them for you tomorrow,
Like looking for mutton, not in the supermarkets