Old 28-02-2003, 06:07 AM
Jerry Hoffmeister

Default Advice on fertilizer injectors

I'll be the lone dissenter - I bought a hozon syphoner and am quite happy
with it. Has a fixed 16:1 ratio and 1 gallon of concentrate is perfect for
my greenhouse / collection. It was definitely cheaper than both of these -
maybe $20? The $70 one from Charley's does appear to be a bit on the junky
side...

For my light table in the basement, I do the sump pump thing as Gene
mentioned - works quiet well as well and is again much less than $350 even
if u have to buy the pump, trash can, hose and attachments.

Oh and I did plumb both hot and cold water out to my greenhouse and put a
laundry tub type faucet at the end.

All that said, I do have 100+ psi straight out of the tap, not sure how well
the syphoners work with lower pressure. Had to get a regulator and drop it
down to 40 psi or so for my fogger otherwise the float valve stayed stuck
shut.

I'd only do the $350 thing if I had a large greenhouse or had extra $$ but
with extra $$, why not buy more plants?

Jerry

"Dave Lockwood" wrote in message
I humbly ask for advice. I just got a new paper catalog from Charley's
Greenhouses. In it they list two fertilizer injectors (if you don't count
the non-adjustable educter). Does anyone use these? One costs about $70
and the other about $350. Is one really 5 times as good as the other?

What
do you use?
Thanks
Dave