Old 21-04-2013, 06:40 AM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default Grow ginger from "root"

As a card-carrying ginger freak, I have decided to try & grow plants from pieces of the ginger "root" sold in markets. (It's not really a root.)

Checking on-line I found contradictory sets of instructions for rooting these babies. I guess I could experiment with 'n' pieces planted one way and 'n*1' another way.

Just wondering if anybody has had experience growing ginger.

I'm in Zone 8, So Calif coastal. "Mediterranean" climate, one mile from the sea.

Your input appreciated.

HB