Old 21-04-2013, 05:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Wildbilly[_3_] Wildbilly[_3_] is offline

Default The Whole Truth About Soy

In article ,
Frank wrote:

On 4/15/2013 9:23 PM, Billy wrote:
Is soy "Heart Healthy"? See the video. Same people up to the same ol'
tricks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ij14ET-8Fg

Kaayla T. Daniel also has a book called "The Whole Soy Story: The Dark
Side of America's Favorite Health Food".

I avoid soy, because most of it is GM, but if you eat soy, you may want
to see the argument against it.

More billy BS?

http://eatkind.net/wholesoystory.htm

Who knows?

Eatkind.net, Frank? And what may their credentials be?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11815400
http://cebp.aacrjournals.org/content/11/1/43.long
Phytoestrogens and thyroid cancer risk: the San Francisco Bay Area
thyroid cancer study.
Epidemiological and pathological data suggest that thyroid cancer may
well be an estrogen-dependent disease. Our findings suggest that thyroid
cancer prevention via dietary modification of soy and/or phytoestrogen
intake in other forms may be possible but warrants further research at
this time.

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/138/6/1244S.long
Overall, existing data are inconsistent or inadequate in supporting most
of the suggested health benefits of consuming soy protein or ISF.
--
The Gate Keepers
http://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/movies/2013