Old 25-04-2003, 02:08 AM
Tim B

Default Goose Beans

This wonderful gentleman has a huge selection of heirloom beans:
http://www.heirlooms.org/beans.html

We have had excellent results with him. Here's a goose bean picture, the
pink stripes appear only on some plants, maybe 1 in 100 for us:
http://www.heirlooms.org/beans/goose.html

"Michael Westwind" wrote in message
news
I used to have a variety we called "Goose Beans". I know there are many
beans called that, but these were white, almost perfectly round, about a
half inch wide. They were very hard, and the skin was marbled. The
plants were a little small for a pole bean, and the taste was unusual,
reminding me a little of Lima beans. I have since lost the seed source,
but I know we gave away seed to many people and other people we knew did
the same, so there might be some out there. I once saw some seed of a
"Pea Bean" that looked similar, but I have not found anything recently
that I thought was the same.

If anyone knows of this bean, or one like it, please let me know. You can
reach me at .

Thanks
Michael Westwind