Old 27-04-2013, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Conservatory climbers

Ah, well. I seemed to have killed my Ipomoea indica - the problem
is that I need to cut it back hard, and (as a tropical evergreen)
it's not very keen on that. This year needed to be particularly
brutal, as we needed to repaint. Never mind, it may give me a
chance to get rid of the mealybug.

But I need to grow some climbers to make the place attractive.
As it is a south-facing conservatory with a proper border (i.e.
down to the subsoil), I have a fairly free hand. I have already
got some Ipomoea alba seedlings growing, but what other tropical
annuals would people suggest?

Colour rather than scent, and they can grow up to 20', but I also
need some that will not grow more than 6'. And I would MUCH
prefer ones that don't need frequent watering (i.e. I would like
ones that can grow in semi-arid climates and not just humid ones).

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.