Old 28-04-2013, 09:41 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave West[_4_] View Post
Outside our garden fence is a Viburnam Tinus shrub about six feet high.

It has recently had a 7cm wide strip of bark bark neatly removed all the way
around the stem about six centimetres from the ground.

I'm guessing that it will now die and nothing can be done to save it?

In the ground where its planted there are squirrels and foxes running
around. Are these the most likely culprits?
I'd have thought rabbit, that is, if it isn't human. I can't imagine a squirrel squatting on the ground to gnaw bark when it has any number of trees to go at.