Old 28-04-2013, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Shrub had bark removed

In article ,
Jeff Layman wrote:
On 28/04/2013 08:57, Dave West wrote:
Outside our garden fence is a Viburnam Tinus shrub about six feet high.

It has recently had a 7cm wide strip of bark bark neatly removed all the way
around the stem about six centimetres from the ground.

I'm guessing that it will now die and nothing can be done to save it?

In the ground where its planted there are squirrels and foxes running
around. Are these the most likely culprits?

Do you have deer in your area? Roe and muntjac deer eat bark. For
example, see "Diet" he
http://www.new-forest-national-park....fact-file.html

He did say 6 cm off the ground - damn small deer :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.