Old 30-04-2013, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike[_2_] Muddymike[_2_] is offline

Default Need to replace lawnmower

"LocalHero" wrote in message

Greetings - old petrol lawnmower (cheap reconditioned model but lasted
6 years) has died. It's at the "hospital" being looked at, but I
suspect a new one is called for. I have a total of about 400sq metres
of lawn, about half of which is nice and level and half is really
"bumpy meadow". Moving to the lawn at the front of the house is via a
fairly long, stony pathway, so a lot of stress put on the wheels. I
would welcome input on which makes are recommended. Will be looking for
a self-propelled model this time as the years are passing on!

Many thanks

My old Hayter 56 is now at least 15 years old and was heavily used and
abused in its early years taming half an acre of wild (mostly) grass and
running up and down a gravel drive to reach the front lawn. I got it out
Easter weekend and it started second or third pull. Its self propelled via a
rear roller so needs no pushing but leaves a nice stripe on the lawn.

Mike