Old 01-05-2013, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] jsparkes2009@googlemail.com is offline

Default OT Warning!

On Monday, April 29, 2013 6:30:36 PM UTC+1, Dave Hill wrote:
Your tea tastes fine, no trace of Chorine, I seem to remember

disscussing how bad some cups of tea can be in your Kitchen! I think

we both wondered why some people bother drinking theirs and concluded

you must get used to it after time

Ah thanks, Charlie! Hope that means we can expect another visit soon!

;-) Istr a belief that went around at one time that the best tea was

made with London water which (urban myth mode on) was supposed to have

passed through 5 peoples' kidneys before it got to you! When we lived

in a house with only well water, it was pure and fresh and delicious.

They say that you develop your taste buds whilst you are young and that

influences the way you taste things through life.

So the water you were brought up on when you were young will have a

strong influence on the water you like in later life.

I was brought up on a mixture of Rainwater and bore hole water that was

very iron rich, so much so that left to stand it would go rust red, but

fresh from the borehole at around 45f it was wonderful.

That was when we lived outside Hastings.

David @ one end of Swansea Bay

I was just going to say about the 'rusty water' in that part of East Sussex!
One of my earliest memories is the iron stains in the bath in my Grandparents house.

On the farm we had borehole water, but the best drinking water was from a well in another house we moved to in the village. Crystal clear and wonderful to drink - so long as one tried not to recall the stories of what had been dropped down it over the years!

Jenny - in Bristol