Old 04-05-2013, 12:21 AM posted to rec.gardens
Todd[_2_] Todd[_2_] is offline

Default Turnip question

Todd wrote:
Hi Guys,

I was looking over at Burpee for Turnip seeds and
found these

http://www.burpee.com/organic-garden...rod002266.html

Some questions:

1) under the growing info tab, it states "Sow thinly in rows
11/2-2’ apart". Is this a typo? Should this be 1-1/2" to
2" apart?

It probably isn't a typo but I would make the rows closer if the soil
was good, say 8-12"

2) In the main page is states "1 Pkt. (600 Seeds)". 600 seeds!
Does this mean microseeds like carrot seeds? Yikes! What
a pain in the neck to plant!

They will be fairly small seeds but that isn't such a problem. You
don't place them one-by-one. If you don't have the knack of sprinkling
thinly out of the packet then dilute with sand or fine sandy soil in a
tin can, bend the edge to make a spout. Tilt and tap gently, you ought
to be able to adjust the rate they come out quite accurately.

Thank you!