Old 25-04-2003, 05:32 AM
FOW

Default Tractor Key

Just get a cheap ignition switch anyware and put it in. They are all the
same.
"Jim Brown" wrote in message
om...
MTD screwed up..

My 42" 17hp yardsman manufactured in 1999 is supposed to have the new
ignition switch, but some ass on the assembly line put in the old
ignition switch..

The problem is that I lost the key to the ignition and when I ordered
a new one based on my tractor's serial+ model number, I got a much
bigger key than what will fit.. Even the spare that came with the
tractor will not fit in the ignition.. Apparently the spare key which
was part of the manual package is for the new tractor..

After explaining all this to the MTD parts guy on the phone, he says
he feels bad for me, but can't do much, MTD has many keys and he does
not which one to send and he is just part of the MTD parts supplier..

Anyone know how I can short the switch and start my tractor so I can
mow my lawn?

JB