Old 25-04-2003, 05:44 AM
FOW

Default Fixing tiller

Pull the sparkplug put it back on the coil wire. Hold the rubber boot ,
touch the plug at the hexagon part to the head and yank the rope. If it
sparks, the plug, ya got no point problems. Watch out ya don't get zapped.
Try a new plug if no spark. Also try a point file to file between the
points. All motors need : Fuel , Air and Spark.
Simple !
"Michael Shaffer" wrote in message
Thanks.. Does this look like the Magnetron ignition I would want (it's
at the very bottom)

http://www.manddsmallengine.com/briggs/kits.html

Chip Stein wrote:
Michael Shaffer wrote in message

What do you think it wrong with it that it's not getting spark? What are
the chances it's the coil or something else? I called a local place and
they said the "points" was probably bad and wanted $30. I don't really
plan on using the tiller though, so I just put it back in the

crawlspace.

it most likely is the points but it's far easier to swap for an
electronic ignition coil than it is to fart around with points..
Chip