Old 05-05-2013, 02:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Aphids?

possum wrote:

This is the first year cabbages have looked like they were going
to survive long enough to have a crop, until yesterday. Suddenly,
leaves in the center are shriveled up and masses of tiny insects
are inside. My guess is they're aphids, what do you think?

A Google search gave some ideas. I tried mixing Palmolive dish
soap with water and spraying all the plants.

It may be a little early to tell, but there doesn't seem to be any
change yet. Are there any sure fire ways of getting rid of them
without using poison?

sometimes they are dead and stick on the plant
anyways.

use a soft brush and brush them off.

songbird