Old 05-05-2013, 03:41 AM posted to rec.gardens
Natural Girl Natural Girl is offline

Default Companion plants for tomatoes

On 5/4/2013 8:06 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
I've been to all the web sites; I used to print out the companions for practically every food crop that can be grown in this area (Southern California coastal, 1 mile from the sea. Often overcast in May and June due to marine layer.)

Still confused about companions for tomatoes. I know what NOT to plant, but some of the sites vary as to what CAN be planted; e.g. some say cucumbers, others not.

Question: Can I get tomato companion planting input from any NG members who grow tomatoes in a (reasonably) similar climate?

TIA

HB

I'm not in California. Does the climate matter when it comes to
companion planting? Maybe I never did it right, but I've planted
jalepeno peppers right next to my tomatoes and both did great. I've
also got onions and chocolate mint planted with both my tomatoes and
peppers in one bed. In planters I've got tomatoes planted with some
cucumbers as an experiment this year. I guess I'll see how that works out.

--
Natural Girl