Old 05-05-2013, 06:54 AM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Turnip question

Todd wrote:
What do they taste like? I know radish tops are edible, but
they are horrible and taste worse the more you eat.

If it helps, I like Chards and can not stand Collards.

i could not describe the taste of turnip
greens at all. i only tried them once and
didn't much like them. as tastes differ i
wouldn't ever recommend someone not try a
garden plant.

i'd give 'em a try as if you are growing
turnips you won't have a shortage of greens.

i'd grow a lot of them if Ma could tolerate
me cooking them. they make a pretty good
cover crop or green manure. they might also
work as a distracting crop for pests (keeping
them away from the other cabbage family crops)
but i have yet to test this theory myself.

songbird