Old 06-05-2013, 10:10 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimLondon View Post
Hello everyone, I'm new on here and have recently been bitten by the gardening bug.

I've got some cucumber plants growing nicely but when I put them outside in my mini greenhouse some of the leaf edges seem to bleach? Any ideas?

Also, should I support them with a cane?
Possibly a cold shock if the nights in your mini greenhouse are colder than the conditions they've been growing in previously. It's getting a bit warmer, so they should recover OK. If it is because of cold, next year introduce them to it gradually, bringing them in at night for a while, for example.

I grow mine up canes - takes up less space, allows the cucumbers to hang down freely. They have self-clinging tendrils, so if you gently and loosely tie the stalk into the cane, they soon get the idea.