Old 06-05-2013, 03:54 PM
TimLondon TimLondon is offline
Registered User

Location: London

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay View Post
Possibly a cold shock if the nights in your mini greenhouse are colder than the conditions they've been growing in previously. It's getting a bit warmer, so they should recover OK. If it is because of cold, next year introduce them to it gradually, bringing them in at night for a while, for example.

I grow mine up canes - takes up less space, allows the cucumbers to hang down freely. They have self-clinging tendrils, so if you gently and loosely tie the stalk into the cane, they soon get the idea.
Thanks for that, it could well have been the shock. Will try up canes as well. How long until the cucumbers appear, mine are about 4 weeks?

Can I also ask, I've got some trellis that gets about 3 hours direct sun a day (so not loads) and I want to grow either a fruit or vegetable up it, what would you recommend?