Old 06-05-2013, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default White edges to cucumber leaves?

On 06/05/2013 15:54, TimLondon wrote:

kay;982584 Wrote:
Possibly a cold shock if the nights in your mini greenhouse are colder
than the conditions they've been growing in previously. It's getting a
bit warmer, so they should recover OK. If it is because of cold, next
year introduce them to it gradually, bringing them in at night for a
while, for example.

I grow mine up canes - takes up less space, allows the cucumbers to hang
down freely. They have self-clinging tendrils, so if you gently and
loosely tie the stalk into the cane, they soon get the idea.

Thanks for that, it could well have been the shock. Will try up canes as
well. How long until the cucumbers appear, mine are about 4 weeks?

Can I also ask, I've got some trellis that gets about 3 hours direct sun
a day (so not loads) and I want to grow either a fruit or vegetable up
it, what would you recommend?

I wouldn't rush to get then up canes, if they are on the ground you can
still cover if there is a threat of a late frost.
When they get to about 2 ft long should be early enough to tie them.
You don't say what type of cucumber you are growing.