Old 08-05-2013, 03:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default HELP!-novice gardener in need of advice to clear BRAMBLE ROOTS!

Danniexxx writes:

Hi everyone

So I have a major dilemma, last year Me and my partner cleared an area
in our back garden( around 20x10ft) that was heavily densed by brambles
and other forestry shrubs. We cleared it by hand as it was so thick and
is also on a steep bank.

Since then the brambles have grown back, so we bought super weed killer
from our local farm store and it had two doses lasts year (very strong
doses I might add). So left it over winter and there coming up again!
I've sprayed AGAIN but I don't hold out much hope.

The roots are so established underneath the soil I think it needs
rotivating. Is this the right plan of action? There are some biggish
stones under the soil too. I did think about doing it by hand but the
trees behind our patch have blooming roots that come through onto our
soil?!?!?

PLEASE HELP! Any advice would be appreciated greatly!!!!!

To get good advice you need to provide good information.

"super weed killer" is NOT good information.
Brand name or words like Glycophosophate 41% are good information.

Roundup (glycophosphate) should do the job.
Apply to leaves while the plant is growing.
You may need to do this more than once.
The entire plant including the roots will be killed.

--
Dan Espen