Old 08-05-2013, 01:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Well , maybe

someday I'll actually get strawberries to grow . This is the 2nd time I've
tried , and I'll admit that WM isn't the best source . Twice now I've
purchased and planted berry starts the sucker roots they package in bags of
10 with the same results . They apparently rot in the ground and never come
up .
I guess if I really want strawberries I'm going to have to get a couple of
plants and let 'em spread on their own . I'm wondering if the cold and wet
weather we've had is the reason ... both of my 'maters have frost damage ,
though both seem to be recovering and putting out new gowth . And the green
onions planted the same day are doing great .
Also , got my freebie tiller up here now Stone Co. Ar. and after a bit
of ignition system cleanup it runs fine . Just won't transmit power to the
worm gear shaft because of a worn drive belt 4L300 . This is an old HWI
unit with an engagement lever on the handles , even has a tines only
reverse ! The guy gave it to me while I was rebuilding his sheds because it
was "dead" and he doesn't fix stuff , just pays someone else or buys new and
it was "too old" .
--
Snag