Old 08-05-2013, 08:50 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default HELP!-novice gardener in need of advice to clear BRAMBLE ROOTS!

zxcvbob wrote:
Danniexxx wrote:

So I have a major dilemma, last year me and my partner cleared an area
in our back garden (around 20x10ft) that was heavily densed by brambles
and other forestry shrubs. We cleared it by hand as it was so thick and
is also on a _steep bank_.

What do you eventually want to grow there? All those roots are holding
the soil from washing away; you don't really want to pull them out, you
just think you do. You want to kill them, and replace them with some
deep-rooted grass or something to hold the soil when the bramble roots
eventually rot. Or else you need to terrace that area.

'Zactly!