Old 09-05-2013, 02:07 AM posted to rec.gardens
OhioGuy OhioGuy is offline

Default fairly new to roses - what are these yellow spots?

If you see neither white fuzz or orange blisters, then the problem is a
lack of one or more nutrients.

This is the case with mine - no fuzz or blisters of any kind. It is
just sort of like the chlorophyll is missing from defined areas of
particular leaves. It is mostly the first leaves that opened that are
affected, but there is 1 leaf that is newly opened that also has this.

The rest of the leaves seem to be a normal green color. Does this
sort of thing ever just happen from shipping/transplant damage?

I'll see if I can find something with some iron to help green up the
leaves. Later on, I'll be adding some horse manure around the plants.