Old 10-05-2013, 02:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Wood Pigeon

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Fri, 03 May 2013 09:43:22 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

Couldn't resist this, then it was joined by its partner.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps07d0f216.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psc9a58f0b.jpg
David@ a sunless end of Swansea Bay

Some years ago we had quite a few collared doves nesting in the
immediate neighbourhood. Then a family of buzzards set up home in
nearby pine trees, and all the doves mysteriously disappeared. The
buzzards reared three healthy and very noisy offspring!

Had the same problem but with sparrowhawks, I lost all the collared doves.
They are now just starting to get back.