Old 25-04-2003, 09:20 AM
len brauer

Default Potato's in old tires ?

g'day mylo,

there is something about growing potatoes in tyres on the following
link, go to the 'vegetable profiles' and look under 'potatoes'.

http://www.thevegetablepatch.com/

also then go to the the 'how to guides' he has many ideas on container
growing.

for me i wouldn't use old tyres for edible crops, as there could be
leaching of chemicals and no research has been done to show one way or
the other so i err on the side of caution.

i tried growing potatoes in large containers as suggested by many
gardening gurues, and all attempts failed miserably, my best results
came from plantinf the seed potatoes into my raised beds.

On 25 Apr 2003 05:19:19 GMT, (Mylorace) wrote:

snipped
--
happy gardening

http://hub.dataline.net.au/~gardnlen/