Old 11-05-2013, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Redcurrant extreme

NT wrote

The number of becoming-berries on the redcurrants this year is about 20x as
many as last year. Even the new cuttings are trying to fruit this year! Why
are they so prolific this year? I did prune it over winter, though not as
much as is generally recommended. Anything I can do to help as many as
possible ripen?

It gets sun from about 1pm on, and we're in the mild south

Yes, keep the mice away or you will lose the lot.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.