Old 11-05-2013, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Redcurrant extreme

On 11/05/2013 19:58, wrote:
On Saturday, May 11, 2013 6:36:29 PM UTC+1, Bob Hobden wrote:
NT wrote

The number of becoming-berries on the redcurrants this year is about 20x as
many as last year. Even the new cuttings are trying to fruit this year! Why
are they so prolific this year? I did prune it over winter, though not as
much as is generally recommended. Anything I can do to help as many as
possible ripen?

It gets sun from about 1pm on, and we're in the mild south

Yes, keep the mice away or you will lose the lot.

Consider it done thanks

NT

Never heard of mice going for red currants before, I've always lost mine
to birds at the first flush of colour